Vodka: 2 ounces
Ginger Beer: 6 ounces
1. Cut 2 lime wheels out of the middle of a lime. Set the lime wheels aside and squeeze the rest of the lime into a cup.
2. Fill up the cup with ice.
3. Pour the vodka over the ice.
4. Add ginger beer and stir.
5. Drop in the 2 lime wheels.
- My friend Ryan loves jalapeno ginger beer in his Moscow Mule, but I haven’t been able to try that recipe yet. Kudos to those that upgrade their Moscow Mules to the spicier side.
- If there’s too much lime, only use one lime wheel.
- When I was bartending and someone wanted the cocktail to be sweeter, I added 2 dashes of simple syrup.
- If you love to shake your drinks up, shake the vodka and lime juice first, and then add the ginger beer.
- The cocktail is traditionally served in a copper mug or a rocks glass. I don’t have a copper mug so I use a silver mint julip cup. The main point is to keep the drink nice and chill.
- This is a great drink for any time of the year. On hot days, it can cool you off. On cold days, the ginger can warm you up.
Try these cocktail recipes: