Channel your inner Carrie Bradshaw with this Cosmopolitan recipe.
Vodka: 2 ounces
Cointreau: 3/4 ounces
Cranberry Juice: 1 ounce
1. Add crushed ice to a shaker.
2. Pour vodka, Cointreau, lime juice, and cranberry juice into the shaker.
3. Shake for about 15 to 20 seconds.
4. Strain into a martini glass.
5. Add a small amount of orange zest.
5. Garnish with an orange peel.
You don’t need to add orange zest to the drink, but it adds a little extra something. If you want to make it redder, add a little more cranberry juice. If it is too strong, only use 1.5 ounces of vodka.
Do not use cranberry juice cocktail. The cranberry juice needs to be 100% juice.
The longer you shake the drink with ice, the cooler it will be. It will also be more diluted.
If you want to get crazy with your Cosmo, you can splash in a little bit of orange juice. But just a wee little bit.
I like garnishing the Cosmopolitan with an orange peel and zest, but you can also use a lime wedge.
If you don’t have a zester, use a cheese grater.
Try these cocktail recipes: