Rome has become one of my family’s favorite destinations. There is so much to see and experience. In each of my family’s 3 Roman holidays, the Coliseum has been the focal point of our visit. The Coliseum though can be a monster to manage with kids. Here are my tips for visiting the Coliseum.
- Wear sunscreen: There is little shade one you step inside the Coliseum and summers in Rome can be brutally hot. Also, a hat would come in handy for the same reason.
- Eat before you visit: A lot of calories burn while walking around the Coliseum and you’ll need your energy.
- Strollers are not permitted, so plan on wearing your infant.
- If you can spare the extra cost, purchase the underground tour. This tour is the only way you can visit the entrance the gladiators used. It is also an effective way to capture a photograph without having other tourists in your shot.
- The line to get in the Coliseum is huge. The best way to shorten your wait is to buy your tickets ahead of time and print them off. You will kick yourself for not doing this.
To book tickets, click here.
For those that have visited the Coliseum, what are your tips?
You might also like: