I am not a morning person. I don’t know how anyone can be. A friend once told me she wakes up every morning with the notion that great things can happen. I wake up wondering what I did to deserve such punishment.
My mornings always start off with a bang. A loud explosive bang. Or a thud if you will. Between the hours of 7am and 7:50am, I must get 4 kids up and ready. Yelling, stomping, and throwing clothes also occurs during this time. When I return from dropping my 5-year-old off at school and before I start homeschooling my 10-year-old, I sit and relax with a cup of coffee. This is my first coffee break of the day.
My life is crazy and chaotic. I love my life, but each day is a long and exhausting ride. Besides the quick jump to the day and homeschooling my daughter, I also have a house to clean, a toddler to potty-train, laundry, cooking, cleaning, soccer practice, Tae Kwon Do lessons, gymnastics, or a myriad of chauffeuring that needs to take place. If I didn’t set aside little breaks within the day, I would be eaten alive by stress and exhaustion.
These days my breaks are more enjoyable because I got a fancy new coffeemaker. I used to be one of those that believe all you needed was a cheap little coffee pot. And so, I had one. Then I developed a taste for espresso, so I got an espresso machine. On hot days, I like iced-coffee, so more space in my kitchen is wasted. Now, all those caffeinated space suckers are compacted into my Ninja Coffee Bar Thermal Carafe System. It isn’t really a coffee bar, more of a glorious coffeemaker.
Here are my 5 favorite things about my new “Coffee Bar.”
- I don’t have to hear everyone complain that my coffee is too strong. There is an option to brew one cup at a time. Place a cup in the “Bar” and you get your coffee made to your strength.
- No more spending a ton of money every year on fancy coffee. There are days where you need that extra tastiness to your coffee. The Ninja Coffee Bar Thermal Carafe comes with a frother and has settings for cappuccino or many other specialty coffees. And they are easy to make. Impress your friends with your barista skills the next time they visit.
- It has “Ninja” in the title. Yeah, anything with the word “Ninja” is cool.
- All those morning appliances are wrapped into one. I live in NYC, which means kitchen space is limited. Now I can use my countertops for other things, like meal preparation.
- The espresso you can make will rival any café in Italy. And I love my Italian espresso when I travel.
My breaks are necessary for my sanity. My Ninja Coffee Bar makes my breaks feel luxurious.
And for those wondering, I take 2 coffee breaks. One after dropping my son off at school and the other around 11:30 after teaching my daughter math. Both cups are well-deserved and enjoyed.
Disclaimer: I was given a Ninja Coffee Bar Thermal Carafe for review. The words and opinions are my own.