I know we are a week away from Father’s Day and this list would have been a lot more fun to read then. Thankfully I’m a stay-at-home dad and this blog will mostly be about being a dad. These types of lists will pop up from time to time.
This is my list of favorite dads in film. One thing that makes a dad really loveable in the movies is that his shortcomings are quickly seen and then he goes through a transformation into becoming a great dad. Some of the men on this list go through that transformation. There are some others here that are the types of men that seem to always do and say the right thing and stand up for what’s right. Then there are those that are so loveably awkward and pull on your heart strings because they try their best.
Favorite 15 Dads in Film
15. Mufasa in The Lion King
14. Furious Styles in Boyz in the Hood
13. Daniel Hilliard in Mrs. Doubtfire
12. Daniel in Love Actually
11. Richard Hoover in Little Miss Sunshine
10. Charlie Anderson in Shenandoah
9. Albert Goldman in The Birdcage
8 Jim Baker in Sixteen Candles
7. Clark Griswold in National Lampoon’s Vacation
6. Mr. Levenstein in American Pie
5. George Banks in Father of the Bride (I prefer Steve Martin’s performance)
4. Christopher Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness
3. Marlin in Finding Nemo
2. Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird
1. Jack Butler in Mr. Mom
Those that know me, did you think I would pick someone other than Jack Butler?